Tuesday, September 7

Welome ?

Heyy . Well I haven't done a blog in a reaalllyy long time, and I don't know who's actually going to read this, but I'll give it my best shot . First off- I'm in Sicily . My mom, my dad, and I moved here on August 15th . I don't like it, but I'm supposed to try it for one year, if I can survive . At first I really hated it, but I guess now I'm more excepting of it.. even if I don't want to be here . I do have some fun times, but through most of them I am wishing to be home . I miss California so much.. its my home, and where I belong.. but one year wont kill me and its an "experience" . So I guess I will have to try it . We live in a huge house in the countryside.. but we have a lot of neighbors . The house just doesn't feel like home.. it feels empty and dry and not comfortable . But maybe that will change once the container comes and brings all of our furniture and stuff . Also, once I've unpacked all my boxes in my room and I have my blankets and pictures and books . It really is so different here, I dream every night . Its so crazy . I never wanna wake up, when I'm asleep I think I'm back in California and a lot of times I wake up frustrated that I'm not and sometimes I even wake up in the middle of the night and cry . The days here are pretty much the same . You wake up, go shopping for food or run errands or something then you eat lunch, you sleep, you wake up, you go out and do something "exciting" till midnight or longer, then you go home and fall asleep and it happens again.. I just love it.. not . Well, there is the main idea of my life right now .

2 comments:

  1. thank you for starting this up again.

    When you're feeling up for it...special request: I love your narratives about the family there and their relationships with each other. You have an incredible gift for writing. Don't let it sleep all day :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how frustrating things get for you at times. Keep in mind it is an "experience" and one you will probably be VERY thankful for 10 years down the road. (10 years you say? EEK. That's like FOREVER away! Believe me - it's not. Feels like yesterday I was your age.) Things will get better once you start school and start socializing with kids your own age (who you aren't related to) and you start picking up some more of l'italiano... we can practice together via Skype!!
    Miss you love muffin baby child. xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete